When creating a WordPress blog or changing the appearance of your existing blog, choosing a theme is a tough decision. Undoubtedly, you will find tons of themes for your WordPress blog, but deciding which one to use can be confusing. Actually, the theme must have all features you need, and its aesthetics should suit your brand.
That is why we have compiled this article listing the best WordPress theme for blogging in 2022. We have prepared this list to save you time and help you make the right choice. This list includes themes to suit different business needs.
List Of the Best WordPress Themes for Blogging In 2022
There are free as well as premium WordPress themes available,so considering both categories is essential. The following list contains free and premium WordPress themes so that you can select the right one as per your needs.
Authentic is a uniquely designed WordPress theme that is suitable for any blog. It looks magnificent and is capable of making your blog unique. You can use this for food blogs, personal blogs, travel blogs, lifestyle blogs, etc.
There are also 50 demos that you can use to design your blog with ease. You simply need to import a demo and change its content as per your needs. Authentic also has multi-language support,so it can be used worldwide.
- It includes 40 post layouts to make your articles look beautiful. You can filter your posts by tags, post types, and categories in this theme.
- It displays social media buttons and links for ease of sharing.
- The theme has a dark mode option allowing the audience to switch between dark and light mode.
- Authentic has support for Gutenberg editor for easy editing and flexibility.
- It also provides custom widgets and supports Mailchimp integration.
You can get this theme from ThemeForestat $69, which includes 6 months of free support. If you want to increase the support period to 12 months, you can do so at an extra cost of $21.38.
Ashe is a modern and minimal WordPress theme that looks stunning with any design. This theme will let you make your blog ready in minimal time. Because of its versatile design, this WordPress theme will suit any design concept.
This theme is suitable for travel, personal, photography, lifestyle, and food blogs. It offers multiple customization options so that you can design your blog outstandingly.
- This theme is compatible with top page builders and plugins such as Beaver Builder, Elementer, Divi, and Wpbakery. Therefore, you can efficiently use thistheme for any blog.
- It is speed optimized and supports RTL for ease of use.
- There is a Fullscreen slider and an Instagram slider widget.
- Ashe supports text and image logos.
It is free.
Olsen Light is a fast WordPress theme that will enhance the performance of any blog. It is ideal for a wide range of niches such as fashion, lifestyle, travel, health, fitness, wedding, cooking, etc.
Even hobby bloggers and photographers can use this theme effectively. The best thing about this theme is that it is lightweight and easy to customize.
- It is highly responsive and comes in retina ready design.
- This theme has support for multiple authors and comes with a home page slider option.
- It is compatible with top-page builders.
If you are looking for a stylish WordPress theme, you can consider the Kadence WordPress theme. It will help you make eye-catching blogs and websites. It is simple to use and supports the Gutenberg editing facility.
To have better results, you can use this WordPress theme with the Kadence blocks plugin. It has multiple customization options, allowing you to design your blog the way you want. With this versatile theme, you can take your blog’s aesthetics to new heights.
- The theme has a customizable header option allowing editing of the navigation menu, logo, search bar, and other parameters.
- There is an advanced color system with a global color palette so that you can switch between color groups depending on your needs.
- You can insert social icons in the header and footer sections.
- It allows you to customize the scroll to the top arrow option in several ways.
This theme can be downloaded from the WordPress website directly. It is available in multiple pricing options. The Kadence pro costs $59 per year. The essential bundle costs $129 per year, while the full bundle version costs $199 per year.
Tiny Salt is a beautiful theme that is suitable for food bloggers and cooking-related blogs. There are multiple customization options to let you design your blog as per your vision. Also, this theme is compatible with several free plugins,so you can use it with ease. You can customize this theme in the standard WordPress customizer, which is very simple.
- Tiny Salt WordPress theme supports the Gutenberg editing feature and is WooCommerce-ready.
- This theme comes with an instant Ajax recipe search filtering feature, which makes it very easy to use.
- It can be integrated with the WP recipe maker plugin to let you display your recipes with photos, metadata, and steps with ease.
- The theme comes with 12 demos and allows you to import them with one click.
The cost of the Tiny Salt theme is $54, and it comes with six months of support and future updates.
If you are looking for a free theme for food blogs, you can consider the Kale WordPress theme. It is a beautiful theme and suits different food blogs. Apart from food blogs, you can consider this theme for beauty, lifestyle, fashion, and other niches.
It has many whitespaces for a clean look. But yes, the theme is full of texts and images. Therefore, you can easily customize it depending on your blog’s requirements.
- It has RTL support and comes with social media menus.
- The theme supports WooCommerce integration and comes with banners and slider overlays.
- It has multiple post types and layouts.
Elsie is a beautiful and simple WordPress theme that suits photography blogs. It is easy to customize and has an elegant look. You can consider this theme for any blog for an eye-catching look. The best thing about this theme is that you can customize it the way you want.
- It has a lightweight design and includes customizable headers, footers, and other sections.
- You can change the color and typography as per your needs.
- The theme has a responsive layout.
Garfunkel is a stylish WordPress theme that is suitable for blogs with different niches. If you frequently use photographs, illustrations, and other visual components in your blog, you can consider using this theme.
It is responsive and has a Pinterest style to engage your audience effectively. This theme is perfect for fashion blogs, travel blogs, photography blogs, etc. Even it will suit food blogs when used with a recipe plugin.
- Garfunkel theme supports block editor and comes with six post formats to choose from.
- With a masonry layout, it has support for infinite scroll.
- The theme has a full-width page template and a variety of widgets.
The Kicker is an outstanding WordPress theme that helps you craft nice-looking blogs and websites. It has a magazine appearance and a nice structure to suit different needs. This theme is great for multi-author blogs because it allows highlighting important blog posts with respective authors.
It is compatible with Elementorpage builder and Gutenberg blocks plugins. You can use this theme for various niches such as finance, business, news, organization blogs, etc.
- This theme is completely customizable and includes 750 customizer options to let you customize your blog or website.
- You can make your blog posts more sophisticated and elegant with more than 20 post animations provided with this theme.
- It can be integrated with contact form 7 and Mailchimp.
- It has full-width and boxed layouts so that you can select the one depending on your needs.
The regular price of Kicker is $59, with six months of free support. You can also extend the support period to 12 months at an additional cost of $17.63.
Catch FSE is a WordPress block theme with a minimal design feature. It is suitable for different kinds of blogs and websites. The theme supports drag and drop interface allowing you to customize the blog with ease. Since it is a block theme, you can customize all aspects of it. This will allow you to create a beautiful look blog that engages the audience.
- It is flexible and responsive,so it perfectly works on any screen size.
- The theme has a featured content option to let you highlight your popular blog posts.
- It allows you to add custom colors to your blog or website.
- This theme has block patterns like about us, acall-to-action button, columns, headers, and a drop-down menu option for ease of use.
Catch FSE is available for free and can be installed from the WordPress dashboard.
How To Choose the Best WordPress Theme for Blogging?
Before you choose a WordPress theme for your blog, you need to look at several factors. Here we have a list of important factors to consider before choosing a WordPress theme in 2022.
Before choosing a theme for your WordPress blog, it is crucial to check the features it offers. It should allow you to post and manage your content with ease. The theme should allow you to customize colors, styles, sizes, headings, backgrounds, and other aspects.
Moreover, the theme should also be compatible with the latest versions of WordPress. If you use the Gutenberg editor, you should look for a theme that supports Gutenberg.
Make sure that you choose a theme that is highly responsive and works properly on different devices. This will provide a better experience whether the blog is opened on a desktop, mobile, or tablet. Therefore, considering the responsiveness of a WordPress theme is essential.
Only designing a blog and creating new posts is not worth it if it doesn’t get enough traffic. In order to get traffic, you need to make your blog SEO-friendly. In this case,the WordPress theme plays an important role. The theme should be SEO-friendly so that it will help your blog perform well on the web.
Page Loading Speed
People usually skip a webpage if it takes longer to load. That’s why you need to make your blog load faster by optimizing its speed. If you choose a theme that loads faster, you can easily optimize your blog for speed.
As mentioned above, there are free and premium WordPress themes available. If you are creating a new blog or website and don’t want to spend money on a theme, you go with a free option.
But if you have an existing blog with a huge audience, you can consider using a premium WordPress theme. This will help you enhance the appearance of your blog or website effectively.
We hope you liked this post and found the best theme for your WordPress blog. Each theme on this list has a unique look and features to suit different types of blogs. Whether you are starting a new blog or re-organizing your existing blog, these themes are the best for use.
So, you can go through each theme and choose the one that meets your specific needs and niche.